Each matriculated student must fully satisfy their specific graduate degree-related academic requirements set forth by the University of Reston before their respective degree can be conferred.
Specifically, The University of Reston requires each student to satisfactorily complete all required courses in their respective program with a minimum GPA of 3.0 for a total of 30- 36 credit hours before their MBA or MSIS degree will awarded.
In order for a student to graduate successfully, the student must meet the following requirements:
- The student’s account must be in good standing
- Student must have passed all his courses satisfactorily
- The student must maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA
- The student must have completed his thesis and the thesis must be approved by his thesis advisor
- The student must apply for graduation in a timely fashion which is typically one term ahead of graduation
- Attending the commencement is optional