This course provides the student with advanced statistical concepts including descriptive statistics, inference, and regression. Business scenarios will be studied using statistical software in order to understand business issues and solve business problems. Students to understand key statistical concepts, be able to apply statistics to scenarios, and be able to draw conclusions based on statistical results. This is a required course for the MBA degree.
- Perform descriptive statistics
- Work with common discrete probability distributions
- Work with common continuous probability distributions
- Understand sampling and sampling distributions
- Perform interval estimation
- Perform hypothesis testing
- Perform linear regression
- Perform multiple regression
Contact hours: 45
Lecture hours: 30
Lab hours: 15
Faculty office hours: faculty is available outside class hours by appointment, via email, and at scheduled times.
Advising: faculty and career counselors are available to assist students with their career directions and questions.