The concept of project management and knowledge management as applied to information systems are discussed in this course. ITIL foundations are also discussed. The tools of project management, work breakdown structure, cost, scheduling, performance, goals setting, objectives, and risk analysis are also covered in detail.
- Explain the basic characteristics of a project
- Explain the challenges associated with developing and maintaining high performance and quality. · Identify the organizational issues relating to the responsibilities of team members.
- Explain the major phases of project planning.
- Identify the major tools and techniques used in sequencing project activities
- Identify the major tools and techniques used in budgeting a project.
- Explain the issues associated with monitoring a project in view of uncertainty and risk.
- Identify the challenges and issues relating to managing an international project.
Contact hours: 45
Lecture hours: 40
Lab hours: 5
Faculty office hours: faculty is available outside class hours by appointment, via email, and at scheduled times.
Advising: faculty and career counselors are available to assist students with their career directions and questions.