From data warehousing, data is extracted using data mining, and that information needs to be presented visually to be understood and be appealing. Information Visualization is the course that teaches how to take extracted information in tabular format and present it in a visual manner. This course will utilize Tableau, Power BI, Google Visualization API, and other tools as it teaches how to visualize information.
- Learn the principals involved in information visualization
- Learn about the variety of existing techniques and systems in information visualization
- Develop skills in critiquing different visualization techniques as applied to particular tasks
- Learn how to evaluate visualization systems
- Gain a background that will aid the design of new, innovative visualizations
Contact hours: 45
Lecture hours: 20
Lab hours: 25
Faculty office hours: faculty is available outside class hours by appointment, via email, and at scheduled times.
Advising: faculty and career counselors are available to assist students with their career directions and questions.