Comprehensive coverage of computer and information systems security issues from design, management, business, and end-user perspectives are discussed. System security concepts, methods, and policies from the design and planning stages including application security are covered. Some of NIST security frameworks are covered in this course. Additional risk analysis, risk assessment, and risk management are discussed.
- Network security basics, security architecture, and security models.
- Network security planning, risk management and policy
- Network security technology
- Network security organization
- Legal, privacy and ethical issues
Contact hours: 45
Lecture hours: 25
Lab hours: 20
Faculty office hours: faculty is available outside class hours by appointment, via email, and at scheduled times.
Advising: faculty and career counselors are available to assist students with their career directions and questions.