This follow up course to RU 6009 further extends Web and Database programming by teaching students effective design and use of objects using jQuery, MySQL, and PHP. Modular code is developed and used and reused throughout a portal development. Additional publication to a public web server will be done at the end of the portal development.
- Understand a web server’s functionality
- Create a database and retrieve data using advanced techniques
- Create Web applications using PHP
- Modify database records using a PHP solution
- Validate user input on a web page
Contact hours: 45
Lecture hours: 15
Lab hours: 30
Faculty office hours: faculty is available outside class hours by appointment, via email, and at scheduled times.
Advising: faculty and career counselors are available to assist students with their career directions and questions.