According to the U.S. News and World Report, an average of 76% of the MBA graduate found employment inside three months of graduation.
Expected set of responsibilities: chief technology officers build up an organization’s specialized vision and regulate all parts of technological improvement. They lead the technology group. They likewise administer innovative work and unique activities. Chief technology officers plan for and establish technical standards and guarantee adherence to the norms.
- Education: Many organizations prefer personnel who have an MBA with a specialization in information technology management and administration.
- Future trend: Steady employment development in the coming years. There’s an interest in individuals with an MBA with an attention on innovation.
- Media pay: $193,000
Expected set of responsibilities: organizations worldwide depend on the skills of financial managers. Financial managers direct the financial activities and transactions of organizations. They determine cash management and investment activities, create financial processes, and manage the budget process. Financial managers assist companies in meeting their financial objectives. Financial managers are also part of activities as extensive as raising capital, supervising mergers and acquisitions, and evaluating global financial transactions.
- Education: People with a master’s degree such as an MBA with a concentration in finance will likely have the best prospects.
- Future trend: Eight-percent employment growth from 2008 to 2018, which is about as fast as average for all occupations.
- Median pay: $115,000
High-End Management Consultant
Expected set of responsibilities: High-end management consultants provide the focused direction companies require to stay relevant and competitive. They typically specialize in a specific industry. They help companies and government agencies solve management problems, and they help companies control costs, maximize profits, increase worker productivity, and increase efficiency.
High-end management consultants help companies adjust to new business regulations or establish an online business. They provide advice to chief executive officers, chief operation officers, and chief financial officers and other top executives.
- Education: Some employers prefer to hire those with a master’s degree in business administration who have relevant experience.
- Future trend: A substantial 24 percent employment growth from 2008 to 2018.
- Median pay: Management analysts made $86,000, but the pay is significantly higher for high-end management consultants. According to payscale.com, some management consultants earn an average of about $114,000 a year, while others with more experience earn an average of almost $143,000.
Information Technology (IT) Director
Expected set of responsibilities: IT directors manage computing resources for organizations in just about every industry. They make sure a company’s information technology is always available and secure. IT directors are leaders responsible for the management, strategy, and execution of IT infrastructure for a company.
- Education: Individuals with an MBA with a specialization in information technology management have opportunities in this field.
- Future trend: Employment growth is expected to be faster than average for all occupations in the coming years.
- Median pay: $106,000
Expected set of responsibilities: Investment bankers assist companies, organizations, and government agencies in raising money in the capital markets (equity and debt). Investment bankers also provide strategic consulting regarding mergers and acquisitions and other types of financial transactions.
- Education: Investment banker positions typically require very strong educational backgrounds such as an MBA. An MBA with a concentration in finance is preferred by some employers.
- Future trend: Jobs in the securities, commodities, and other investments industries are forecasted to increase by 12 percent from 2008 to 2018, compared to an 11 percent increase across all industries.
- Median pay: It’s difficult to establish the average salary of investment bankers; however, it ranges from $100,000 to millions. Bonuses are a big factor regarding earnings.
Investment Fund Manager
Expected set of responsibilities: Investment fund managers provide financial advice and direct the investment of capital for organizations and individuals. Investments are made in various stock markets, real estate, and other markets such as the bond markets. Investing includes many complex aspects such as:
- Specification of investment objectives and constraints
- Determining the asset mix
- Creating a portfolio strategy
- Picking securities
- Portfolio execution
- Portfolio adjustment
- Performance evaluation
- Education: Some investment fund management firms look for candidates with an MBA with a concentration in finance.
- Future trends: It’s difficult to come up with an employment growth percentage for this field; however, jobs in the securities, commodities, and other investments industries are forecasted to increase by 12 percent from 2008 to 2018, compared to the 11 percent increase across all industries. Successful investment fund managers are in demand.
- Median pay: $86,000 for portfolio managers. However, total earnings can be substantially higher due to bonuses.
Expected set of responsibilities:
- Determine and recommend positive changes in sales procedures
- Innovate new promotions to improve sales performance
- Create training programs for salespeople
- Set objectives and quotas
- Study market trends
- Build sales promotions
- Evaluate the needs of customers
- Education: Many employers MBAs with an emphasis on marketing. In highly technical industries, employers prefer candidates who have a business and a technical degree.
- Future trends: Fifteen-percent employment growth from 2008 to 2018.
- Median pay: $105,000