The University of Reston Academic Skills Center (ASC) comprehensively supports matriculated students of all nationalities and cultural/language backgrounds in achieving sustained educational success by providing a variety of free skills development and tutoring services including:
- Academic General Study Skills developmental courses / tutoring sessions
- Academic Lecture and Note-Taking Skills developmental courses / tutoring sessions
- Academic Presentation and Discussion Skills development courses / tutoring sessions
- Academic Reading Skills development courses / tutoring sessions
- Academic Test Preparation development courses / tutoring sessions
- Academic Writing Skills development courses / tutoring sessions
- Time and Stress Management Skills for University Life
- Content-specific study and tutoring sessions related to the academic fields of:
- Business Management
- Information Systems
Upon request, Center staff can further provide specific accommodations to students with disabilities.
The ASC offers a relaxed, welcoming environment where friendly, professionally knowledgeable and experienced Center staff collaboratively work with each student to discover their academic strengths and weaknesses before developing and implementing a tailored plan to help them rapidly become learners that are confident, effective, efficient and independent. Doing so enhances each student’s academic performance and success while at the University of Reston.
To provide the best tutoring and mentoring services to students possible, ASC staff also engage in on-going professional development workshops, courses and certification programs offered through The College Learning and Reading Association (CLRA), and The National Tutoring Association (NTA):
Students interested in learning more about the Center’s offerings or receiving assistance from ASC staff should contact the University of Reston Academic Skills Center by email firstname.lastname@example.org.