University of Reston transforms lives and helps build a competitive, future-ready workforce. The university is a catalyst for entrepreneurship and a model for business incubation.
In addition, the University of Reston is dedicated to the removal of geographical, financial, social and cultural barriers that restrict access to and success in university-level studies and to increasing equality of educational opportunities for both traditional and non-traditional adult learners worldwide.
University of Reston provides innovative, highly relevant, post-secondary learning opportunities to a broad range of traditional and non-traditional students. For students who wish to continue their careers while they augment their education to realize this multi-faceted mission to the greatest degree possible, the university has thoughtfully developed and is systematically implementing the following, two-fold institutional purpose:
University of Reston stands for uncompromising commitment to sustained excellence in all of its operational activities including:
- Academic standards
- Academic and student services
- Instructional design
- Faculty and staff recruitment and development
- Research service to the local community and the wider public
- Providing exceptionally positive higher educational experiences to students, better enabling them to realize success in all areas of their lives
- Institutional focus is serving students, where considerable emphasis placed upon all aspects of academic instruction including highly-relevant and timely course and curriculum design, selection and development of highly-qualified faculty and support staff, state-of-the-art instructional delivery methods and materials, and well-executed student evaluation and testing procedures.
- Emphasizes and considers essential on-going research and public service.